Check Any VIN For Accidents, Title, Owners, Including 60+ Checks
Are you looking to purchase a used vehicle? Then you want to ensure that you get the best and most comprehensive information about the vehicle before buying it. Our main goal is to provide you with a complete vehicle report and the latest information about the vehicle you are interested in buying, and for a very affordable price.
What is a Vehicle Identification Number?
A Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) is a 17 digit alphanumeric number that is unique and specific to a vehicle. It is also called chassis number or frame number. It is a vehicle’s fingerprint and it is the identifying code for a specific vehicle. Each section of the VIN represents the vehicle’s unique features, specifications, make, model and other features of the vehicle.
A VIN number is very important as it can be used to track vehicle recalls, registrations, warranty claims, theft and insurance coverage.
What Does a VIN Number Contain?
The VIN check tool provides all the information contained in the VIN number. For instance, the first character of the 17-character alphanumeric code represents the country of origin. Then, the second and third character provides manufacturer details. Following this, characters from fourth to eight provide information about the engine size, engine specifications, and type of the vehicle. The VIN number also contains the vehicle serial number in its last 6 characters.
Where is the VIN Number Located?
The VIN number can be found on the vehicle title or insurance paper with ease. The VIN number might also be reported as “chassis number” on the insurance paper. Also, vehicle registration papers include the VIN number which could be listed as a serial number, title and identification. You can also locate the VIN Number at numerous positions on the vehicle. Some of these locations are listed below for your guidance.
- VIN number is available on a sticker placed on the door panel on the driver’s side. You will be able to see on the door sticker after opening the panel affixed to the body.
- VIN number is located on the lower side of the dashboard near the windshield. It is a metallic plate and can be visible easily from outside the vehicle.
- The engine of the vehicle also contains the VIN number. The number is embedded on the engine and this is the best method for VIN check in case of doubts about tampering or title issues. Use a flashlight to look at the VIN Number located on the engine block.
What Are The Benefits of a VIN Check?
Check any VIN by make
Frequently Asked Questions
The VIN number is usually located on the vehicle title of the insurance paper. The VIN number is also referred to as chassis number or serial number.You can also locate the VIN number in the following locations of the vehicle
- On a sticker placed at the door panel of the driver’s side
- It is located on the lower side of the dashboard near the windshield. It is usually a metal shield and can be clearly visible from outside the vehicle
- It can also be found on the engine of the vehicle
The information you get when you use our VIN check service is authentic and legit. This is because our sources are very reliable. We also provide the best and complete information in our reports.
Using our VIN check service, you can be sure of getting your reports instantly.